- 1 bag brown rice pasta (rotini)
- 32oz vegetable broth
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 shallot
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter (or olive oil)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup parsley (garnish)
- In a large pot bring pasta, vegetable broth and one cup water to a boil.
- While pasta is coming to a boil add mushrooms, diced shallot, garlic, seasonings and vegan butter or olive oil to a pan on medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Once pasta has come to a boil (about 7 mins) reduce heat, cover and let simmer while the pan of mushrooms finishes softening up.
- Add pan of mushrooms and shallot to the pasta giving it a good stir to combine all the flavors.
- Dish servings into bowls topping with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
A few ideas to alter this dish would be adding in asparagus, peas or zucchini so you can have additional veggies.